Once you are connected to your Shopify or Shopify Plus store, you can add a coupon campaign in Automizely. Automizely Conversions allows you to:
- Specify the time duration for which a coupon is valid
- Set a minimum order amount to activate the code
- Choose product collection(s) to which discounts apply
List of merge tags for coupon campaigns
Shows the discount value (e.g. 10%, $5).
Displays the validity of a coupon code.
Generating coupon codes
There are 2 ways to get a coupon code for a campaign
- You can enter a code prefix (e.g. new) and Automizely will add random letters and/or numbers at the end of the prefix to create an 8 character long coupon code. A prefix can contain letters, numbers, and hyphens.
- If you don’t specify a prefix, a random 8 character long code consisting of letters and/or numbers will be created.
Create your first coupon campaign
- Go to Conversions > Coupons > Create a coupon
- Enter a title for the campaign. For now, you can only select the “Unique coupon” type
- Configure discount rules
- Select coupon active period during which the coupon holds valid (Optional) > Save changes
You can similarly add multiple coupon campaigns.
Edit a campaign
- Go to Conversions > Coupons > Select the required campaign to edit settings
- Make the required changes > Save changes
Please note: The coupon type can't be changed once you have saved the coupon campaign.
Apply coupon code to popup campaigns
- Go to Popups > Edit settings to add a coupon code
- Select Coupon campaign under the Popup settings tab > Select a coupon from one of the active campaigns
- Publish changes
Send coupon code via emails
You can add the discount code created through coupon campaigns to newsletters, abandoned cart, and order follow-up emails. For welcome emails, you can create a standard coupon code in Shopify (shown in the next section).
- Go to Emails > Select the type of email to add a coupon code > Edit settings
- Go to the Content tab > Add a new block > Coupons
- Select Coupon block
- Select an active coupon campaign
Note: The coupon code displayed here is just a sample and not the actual coupon code.
- Save changes
Create a standard coupon code
- Go to Shopify > Discounts > Create discount code
- Enter discount details and save changes
Apply a standard coupon to popups
- Go to Popups > Popup settings > Enter the discount code created in Shopify as shown below
- Save changes
Apply a standard coupon to welcome emails
This coupon code can be added to welcome emails, abandoned cart, order follow-up emails, and newsletters.
- Go to Welcome emails > Edit settings for the email template with coupon code
- Go to Content tab > Select “Image with text” block
- Enter the discount code created in Shopify as shown below
- Save changes
You can similarly add the standard coupon code to newsletters, abandoned cart, and order follow-up emails.